Monday, July 29, 2024

Let's Fly Away

I fell in love with this Spellbinders Summertime Vacay die set (Large Club of the Month) and I'm just now breaking out the whole set. (I used just the chairs and clouds recently here.) There are so many fabulous, colorful cards out there using this set! I wanted to try to use some colors that hadn't already been done by other cardmakers and ended up with these brights. Time Out Challenges #268 On Vacation was also the perfect theme to make a card using this set. I thought that the sentiment goes with both the seagull and the "On Vacation" theme.






Products I used:

Spellbinders: Summertime Vacay and Oh, Bouy! Die Sets

Simon Says Stamp: Summer Sentiments on cardstock

Trinity Stamps: Bubble Blow Out Irridescent embellishment mix

Versamark: Watermark Ink Pad (for shading the sand)

Cardstock scraps in hot pink, yellow, blues and white


I set the sun low in the sky for a late-afternoon-but-before-sunset scene. (I also did it because I had so much to fit in the sky!) By changing the colors of cardstock, this set can have so many different "feels" for the beachy scene. I have also seen cards with no umbrella and the sun having a prominent place on the card. Really great set.

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol




5 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so much fun, Carol. You know I love me a great beach scene! Love all the elements here, and the bright, summery colors. Always a joy to see you in the Time Out gallery. Thanks for playing with us!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Stephanie!

Nancy said...

I am absolutely in love with this card! You created a fabulous scene using some wonderfully bright colours! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!

Carol said...

Thank you Nancy!!!!!

Greta said...

The perfect summer vacation scene! Thanks for joining us at Time Out.