Sunday, July 28, 2024

You're So Tweet

Even though it was another easy set of parameters on Craft Roulette this week, it took me a while to get my idea straight. Here's what the wheel gave us:

Project: A2

Colors: Tea Party

Element: House Pet(s)

Random: Stripe(s)

I looked around the internet at tea party sets to get my colors, and this is what I ended up with for my card. A2 card, gold heat embossing with pink/blue and green elements, a bird in a cage and stripes of patterned papers.




I am also playing along with Woodblock Wednesday July 2024 with my card.



Products I used:

Hero Arts: Bird in Cage wooden stamp

Spellbinders:  Flower dies

Reverse Confetti: Tag die, sentiment stamp (inside: You're so tweet)

Gold embossing powder

Scraps of gold wrapping paper and random patterned papers

Versamark: Watermark ink pad

I heat embossed the cage first. Then die cut the tag around it. I die cut the little flowers, assemble them, and adhered them to the tag. I cut three scalloped edges with the tag die and adhered them to the bottom of the main tag. I tied a bow and adhered it to the tag top. I cut the strips of patterned paper and adhered them to the card base. Last, stamped my sentiment inside and popped up the tag on foam tape onto the front of my card.

If you visit CraftRoulette.live, you can see the current gallery this week of cards entered. Last week there were over 500 cards from all over the world! If you want to play along a Woodblock Wednesday, your card is due by 5:00 PST on Monday, July 29th. You need to use a woodblock stamp as your focal point. Hurray for woodblock stamps!

Thanks for stopping by,

Carol



1 comment:

~amy~ said...

Yay! So pretty Carol! Love the gold embossing.
Thanks so much for playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!