Thursday, July 25, 2024

Unwind

I know that for a while now pretty much all of my cards have been summery and beachy, but it is a short season for many people and these kinds of cards are my favorites. It is the time of year to use as many of my tropical products as possible. For this week's Just Us Girls Anything Goes Stencil Week #737, I chose to make a scenic drink in a tropical location using two different stencil sets.

Be sure to check out the cards by our wonderful guest Cat and the Design Team by reading their posts to see what they were inspired to make using stencils.












Products I used:

The Stamp Market: Seaside Post Stencil Pack

The Greetery: Wicker Weave Stencil

Poppy Stamps: Whittle Flamingo die

Picket Fence Studios: Tropical Cocktail die

WPlus9: Summer Time stamp set

Pink and Main: Banner die

Simon Says Stamp: Holographic Sequins

Ranger: Distress Inks

Stampin' Up!: Bermuda Bay Classic Ink pad

Blending brushes

Post-it notes

Black Sharpie pen


I stenciled the wicker design on my card base, then I die cut the drink and stenciled using the sun and rays. Using Post-it squares, I masked and ink blended the water and sand.
I used the wicker stencil to look like a pretty summery chair to unwind in with the drink.

I die cut and assembled the flamingo. I colored its beak black with my Sharpie pen. I adhered the drink to the card front with foam tape.

Next, I stamped the sentiment and die cut a banner around it. I adhered it to the stem of the drink.

The sequins were the last thing I added to complete my card.

I would be fun to hold up a cocktail and see the live version of this view through it, wouldn't it?

Happy summer,

Carol




11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love how you incorporated the scene on the cup. Great background stenciling also.

Cat Craig said...

I just want to sit and lounge and enjoy that cool drink in the beautiful glass.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am loving all your beachy, tropical creations, and I feel exactly as you do about using these supplies in this season. I love that weave background. It's a fabulous stage for that wonderful tropical cocktail. I love all the warm and wonderful colors you've used to create this beauty. I am headed to the beach today. Maybe I will have one of these!

cm said...

You just carry on with your beach/tropical cards; they're delightful. Speaking of which: how cool is the scene you've created on your glass. So pretty; so creative. Love this.
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol... your creativity blows me away every week... another priceless Florida card.

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cool stenciled background! This is amazing, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Lisa!

Bobby said...

I love that wicker stencil, Carol, and that drink looks fabulous with the stenciled sun rays. Way to go combining so many different company's stamps on your card. It is very tropical and lovely.

Carol said...

Thank you Bobby!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

The wicker stenciled background is so pretty in those colors and makes a perfect backdrop for the refreshing beverage. Love the stenciled sunset viewed through the glass.