Sunday, July 21, 2024

Pucker Up

This week my card for Craft Roulette #224 was a quick one. I had most of my idea by Sunday morning. The parameters are:

Project: Mini Card(s)

Colors: A pretty Day

Element: Scent(s) and/or Nose(s)

Random: Packaging






I made a mini card on a mini card by cutting down an A2 to almost square and created a small card as my focal point. My blue skies and bright yellow and green lemons are indicative of a sunny summer day. I chose Pucker Up for the scent/taste of a lemon and used a Kleenex box side for the "patterned paper."

Products I used:

Lawn Fawn: Zesty Lemon die set

My Favorite Things: Scalloped rectangle die

Paper Smooches:  Pucker Up stamp

Kleenex box

Pretty Pink Posh: Clay fruit

Simon Says Stamp: Intense Black ink pad

Ranger: Distress ink


I die cut the fruit and assembled it. Then I die cut the rectangle, ink blended blue in the center of it, and made a slightly smaller top folding card under it. I attached the mini card to the rectangle and added my fruit. I cut down the box to fit the A2 white card base, then cut off part of the bottom of the card base to get a uniform white border around the box piece. The card measures 4 1/4" by about 4 3/4" and the mini card is approximately 1 1/4" x 2 1/2."

Can't wait to sit down and see all the cards in the gallery and figure out what packaging meant to each person.

See you back here soo!

Carol

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love this card--the design, the content, the colors! Your Kleenex box background is amazing. I love the card on a card design so I'm pinning this one!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you layered this Carol! What a delightful card. I've always liked this lemon die set... I really need to just break down and buy it!

Carol said...

Thanks Karen!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa. I also waited to get it and really love using it now that I have it. There are nice details on the dies.