Thursday, July 18, 2024

Life's a Beach

I fell in love with this week's moodboard that Bobby chose for our Just Us Girls Challenge #736. I don't know what I like more, the soft colors or the fun images...it's all about sweet summer. What I took from the moodboard are the aqua colored water, the mint and white striped umbrella, and the pinky-peach shells on the beach.









Products I used:

Ellen Hutson: Beach Day stamp set, Let's Chill stamp set 

Waffle Flower: Nested A2 Nested Dome die set

Stampin' Up!: Stampin' Write markers, Aqua painter/water brush, dotted wooden stamp (for sand)

Prismacolor pencils

Altenew: Onyx Black ink pad

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

First I stamped, colored and fussy cut my images. Then I watercolored my background on a piece of watercolor paper. I die cut this panel into the dome shape, then adhered the images to it. I stamped my sentiment, then cut out my card base. After digging for the perfect minty-aqua colored cardstock, I  die cut one more dome and adhered it to the front of the card base. Last, I popped up my completed panel on foam tape onto the front of my card.

Hoping to see many pretty creations in our gallery this week. There are so many options to be had from this beauty of a moodboard!

See you there,

-Carol



13 comments:

cm said...

Carol, your sun-bathing mouse is absolutely adorable. What a sweet summer, beachy-beautiful card you've made. Love it!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you Carol!!!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... crack me up. Love your sunning mouse. I miss EBE. Sometimes I think of one of their sets and kick myself that I didn't buy it when I had a chance. Great card.

Carol said...

Elizabeth...I do the same thing. Wishing I had bought more of her sets too!

Cat Craig said...

Oh what a darling card...so cute is that mouse under its umbrella.

Carol said...

Thanks Cat!

Lisa Elton said...

Your little mouse is just as cute as she can be! Love your shaped card, Carol. This is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa! - Carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Such a cute beach scene with your little mouse on the striped beach towel. That blended background is pure perfection!

Bobby said...

Your little sun bathing mouse made me smile, Carol. This is such a cute card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You had me at the mouse in a pink bathing suit with ginormous sunglasses. The rest is fabulous. Love that you chose the dome shape for this card. Absolutely adorable and so, so summery.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun is your little mouse in the sun on the beach! Such a cute card

Carol said...

Thank you all ladies.