Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Favorite Beach Bum

I have been trying to decide how to use my Spellbinders Large die of the Month for June 2024. The As You See It Challenge #327 is using the following bright colors: Daffodil Delight, Blueberry Bushel, Granny Apple Green, and Basic White. I remember seeing the chairs from the set used on one of the slimline sized cards, so I decided today to make a row of beach chairs on the sand.








Products I used:

Spellbinders: Summertime Vacay die set

My Favorite Things:  Life's a Beach stamp set

Stampin' Up!: Classic ink pad

These little chairs were so fun and easy to die cut and piece together. I want to use the whole die set soon, but this card gave me the chance to try out part of the set on a regular slimline size card. I popped up a couple of the chairs on foam tape and the others are flush on the card front. The challenge only allows the designated colors plus black, white, vanilla and crumb cake, so I used a tan color for the sand.

How's you summer going? I think it is flying by! Thanks for coming by my blog!

Carol


7 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

The deck chairs are marvellous! Just like the ones lined up beside the pool at a resort or a cruise ship. Immediately, I'm taken to a warm summer holiday - at least in my mind. :-) The clouds are a great addition to the design. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It.

Heather said...

Oh brilliant, Carol - what a perfect theme for our colors! Love these cute chairs, and they're right on the shore where we all want to be, lol. Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol - those striped deckchairs are fabulous! I love the slimline design too - it reminds me of deckchairs along a promenade! Fun sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

Carol, I just love these deck chairs! What a perfect way to use the challenge colours! I also like the casual way you have positioned them, adding to the casual feel of the card! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges!

Carol said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Heather Cooper said...

I think you saw that you are the Featured Artist for this challenge at As You See It and therefore, our next Guest Designer in a couple of weeks. I will send you an email with all the information you need to the email address you entered with. Congrats!

Jane Knudsen said...

I love this card! It's striking and unique with the deck chairs! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!