Thursday, July 30, 2026

Thanks Friend

Here is a citrusy summer card I made with the July 2026 Hero Arts My Monthly Hero: You're the Zest. I have only scratched the surface of this kit and can't wait to play with the other elements in it. I went for the fun shaker first.

At Just Us Girls #834 this week we are doing our CASE a Design Team member challenge. My card could be CASEd with stripes, fruit, shaker, the colors, layout, etc. The team has a lot to share with you that may strike your interest as well, so take a little time and read along at each blog for the details on their cards, too. Remember, you are not copying a card directly, but taking inspiration from it and making your own design. It's fun to see the results!












I created the 5" x 3 3/4" front panel by first masking off the stripes to ink blend blue distress ink. Then I ran it though the Big Shot with the embossing folder from the kit. I love blue, white and yellow together, especially with an Italian theme (which this kit is) for summer.

I die cut and assembled the lemons and the shaker elements, then ink blended the leaves. The kit has little dies for the shaker elements and I added clay fruit. I place the lemons on my panel wher they fit best. Last, I just stamped and die cut the sentiment and was done!

What I used:

  • Hero Arts July 2026 My Monthly Hero: You're the Zest kit
  • Pretty Pink Posh fruit clay bits
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad
  • Ranger distress ink pad

We can't wait to see what inspires you this week and what you make based on the card you CASE. Be sure to mention whose card you used and how you CASEd it!

See you in the gallery!

Carol



4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun to make one lemon a shaker! Fabulous card

Lisa Elton said...

Love the shaker, the colors and those fun lemons! Cute card, Carol!

JoAnn said...

What a fun card with the lemon shaker and the great color combo. I like the blue embossed stripes in the background.

I Card Everyone said...

I managed to 'shake' up your card without a shaker element, Carol! I LOve your citrus-y card!
=]