Sunday, July 26, 2026

Cool Summer

I'm still getting out summery products that haven't been used yet and having fun with them. This card ended up as a snow globe of sorts, inspired by those whale in a bottle scenes that have mermaids and beach scenes inside them. I also decided to play at Freshly Made Sketches #746, so I needed a sentiment across the bottom area below the "center stage" of the card. Michele's card has a similar shape to the focal point on her lovely card, too.









What I used to make my card:

  • Spellbinders Ahoy Matey die set, Rolling Tide stencils set
  • Simon Says Stamp Summer Sayings strip
  • Waffle Flower A2 Nesterd Domes die
  • Concord & 9th Dew Drops
  • Papertrey Ink Woodgrain texture die

I love this Captain Seagull and couldn't wait to try him out. The stencil is fun too! I started out with a white helm then decided to blend some gray on it for contrast from the seagull and to look weathered. There is a woodgrain texture on the bottom of the snow globe that I added on top of the woodgrain card stock. I completed the card with a few dew drops for splashes.

It is a gloomy and thunderstormy Sunday and I'm waiting for the sun to come out. It would be nice to be on a boat like this guy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

8 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Fun, fun take on the sketch, Carol! The rolling waves make a great background for your little matey perched on the helm. Thanks so much for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week and playing with your new goodies!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Such a sweet funny card Carol Love Captain Segull. Great job!

Carol said...

Thank you Donna!

Carol said...

Thank you Penny!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing, Carol! I love the movement the waves add and that dapper gull taking charge of steering! So CUTE!

Verena said...

Oh, this is so much fun, Carol! That seagull is just too cute! Thanks for joining us at FMS.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Carol! Your handsome little Gull is a totally sea-worthy fella to top your fun take on Jen's sketch! I'm loving the gradient waves and stormy skies! [thanks for the mention, too!]
=]

Jen Brum said...

This is just the cutest card! I just love your gull! A super summery feeling card and a fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!