Thursday, July 23, 2026

A Pink Villa in the Summertime

When The Greetery released their Dolce Vita Collection I was smitten with it. I especially fell in love with the villas! I've been looking at the rolling hills products for years, and when I saw that they used the stencils with the villa it was a no brainer. I kind of CASEd some of the colors on the back of the packaging for the die set's maiden voyage, but there are more card styles on their site that I want to try soon. I also tried her technique of swiping the ink on on the house with a blending brush to get the weathered stucco look. 

Our Just Us Girls Stencil Week Challenge #833 is what I made this easel card for with its striped hills like you see on open land from a plane or on the property. Please stop by and check out the team's blogs as well as that of our July guest Bonnie. Their stenciled projects are fantastic!









What I used for my card:

  • The Greetery Countryside Villa Jumbo dies set, Rolling Hills stencils, Destination Summer stamp set
  • Concord & 9th ink pads
  • Ranger ink pads
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad

I watched a video of Becky making the easel card version and stopped it a LOT to be sure I was putting the pieces in the right places. All of a sudden it was done! I ink blended a light blue "cloudy" summer sky (more blue than clouds) above the hills (you can see in the second photo) and the view close up of the card in the side view shows hills and that sky (and a tree) behind the house.

Can't wait to see your stenciled cards this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Carol






1 comment:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I so want to come and play in yor craft room. You have so many fun products and ideas. Love this villa... I feel the south of France calling me. The dimension is amazing.