Sunday, July 26, 2026

Cool Summer

I'm still getting out summery products that haven't been used yet and having fun with them. This card ended up as a snow globe of sorts, inspired by those whale in a bottle scenes that have mermaids and beach scenes inside them. I also decided to play at Freshly Made Sketches #746, so I needed a sentiment across the bottom area below the "center stage" of the card. Michele's card has a similar shape to the focal point on her lovely card, too.





What I used to make my card:

  • Spellbinders Ahoy Matey die set, Rolling Tide stencils set
  • Simon Says Stamp Summer Sayings strip
  • Waffle Flower A2 Nesterd Domes die
  • Concord & 9th Dew Drops
  • Papertrey Ink Woodgrain texture die

I love this Captain Seagull and couldn't wait to try him out. The stencil is fun too! I started out with a white helm then decided to blend some gray on it for contrast from the seagull and to look weathered. There is a woodgrain texture on the bottom of the snow globe that I added on top of the woodgrain card stock. I completed the card with a few dew drops for splashes.

It is a gloomy and thunderstormy Sunday and I'm waiting for the sun to come out. It would be nice to be on a boat like this guy.

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

2 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Fun, fun take on the sketch, Carol! The rolling waves make a great background for your little matey perched on the helm. Thanks so much for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week and playing with your new goodies!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Such a sweet funny card Carol Love Captain Segull. Great job!