Thursday, October 10, 2024

Happy Fall Y'all

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #748 Word Week, Stephanie has chosen a great word: Leaves. I went on a scavenger hunt on Pinterest to get ideas and I just loved this idea (actually both of her ideas) on the I'm in Haven blog. Here is my version.





Products I used:

Spellbinders: Delicious Decorations dies

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Lawn Fawn: Woodgrain cardstock

Ranger: Distress Ink pads

Aqua painter 

Computer generated sentiment

I "watercolored" my leaf colors with the aqua painter on white cardstock, then dried the ink with my heat gun. 

Then I die cut lots of the little leaves. 

I cut a an A2 panel of woodgrain cardstock, then cut out a piece on the diagonal from top to bottom. 

I made a kraft, speckled card base and drew a faint pencil line where the opening would be between the two woodgrain pieces. I adhered the leaves in that "channel" on the card base. When that step was complete, I popped up the woodgrain pieces on foam tape. 

Since I don't really have fall sentiments, I created one on the computer and die cut it into a banner. I popped it up on foam tape to complete the card. This card looks to me like I am peeking through a white fence at the falling leaves.

We sure hope you will join us this week using leaves as your focal point! See you in the gallery!

Carol







1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is s cute idea and you've executed it perfectly! The woodgrain paper is a wonderful pairing for your pretty little fall leaves!