Saturday, October 5, 2024

World Card Making Day & Craft Roulette

Today I spent my day watching Craft Roulette: World Cardmaking day, and making a card for it. The parameters are:

Project: Not Single Fold A2

Colors: Moodboard

Element: World

Random: Star

When I saw world and star I thought: Christmas. I forgot how I thought of a tent/teepee card, but I love making them. Here is my result.








I looked for a tutorial on Pinterest to make a tent card (this one by Debbie Chronister) since I haven't made one in a while. It takes scraps really. I used red cardstock for the base and a printed lightweight cardstock to mat the base. I use velcro to make the closure.

Then I stamped the images and used Copics and watercolor paints to add the color.

Next, I fussy cut the images and added twine "scarves" around their necks for a festive feel.

After stamping and fussy cutting the sentiments, I punched stars and added them to the images and to the base. I popped up the images on foam tape on the base.

I love these cards because they are decorated on all sides and you can write on the inside. It also folds flat into an A2 envelope.

Did you watch or participate in a World Card Making Day activity? My local stamping buddy is out of town or we would have at least Facetimed while making cards. Craft Roulette was a good one with  a different crafter every half hour such as Gina K, May May, Karen Burniston and many more. They followed the parameters and made a variety of cards using the Craft Roulette paramenters as well.

Products I used:

Colorado Craft Company: Christmas Hats

Copic markers

Kids' watercolor set

Versafine: Black Onyx ink pad

Prismacolor pencils

Twine

Silver glitter cardstock

Stampin' Up!: Star border punch


Happy weekend to you!

Carol









No comments: