Thursday, September 5, 2024

Hot Diggity Dog!

This Ellen Hutson stamp set is just too cute with its dog and all of its sentiments..my two favorites being: S'up dog and Hot diggity dog. For our Just Us Girls Challenge #743 Color Challenge we are using Blue, Rust and Gold. Isn't he cute in his sweater?!! I made a simple paper pieced card. Be sure to check out our September guest Nance's gorgeous creation along with the other beauties by the JUGS design team.





My second card was actually my first card. I made the whole card thinking our colors were Red, Blue and Rust. It's an easel card, probably for a boy.










Products I used for both cards:

Ellen Hutson: Clever Sausage stamp set

Impression Obsession: Easel die

My Favorite Things: Floor to Ceiling patterned paper

Stampin' Up!: Striped patterned paper, Stampin' Write maker

JoAnn Fabrics: Red plaid patterned cardstock

Asterisk punch (for lack of a better description)

Altenew: Obsidian black ink pad


For both cards I stamped the images on patterned paper then fussy cut them. On the first card I punched the party confetti for a festive feel. I stamped the dog both times on white card stock with black ink and ink blended him using a rust colored marker to ink up the brush. I used the red plaid cardstock on the bottom card because it looks like flannel shirt worn by a skater to me.

Please join us for this challenge with some fall inspired colors! Can't wait to see your creations in our gallery!

Carol









7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the colors. Love that dog

cm said...

Ohmygosh, Carol...how cute is your little dog; so dapper in his sweater and party hat! A delightful way to showcase the colours. Your second card is a smile-maker, too. Wonderful duo!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love both cards! The easel is something new and different...have never tried that "fun fold". So miss EBE but did you know she opened an Amazon storefront? She had a new release a couple of weeks ago. Personally I would love a long doxon... you could "I love you this much" in such a fun way. Mind is wandering...sorry. Great entry for the month!

Nance said...

First, I love your blog title, brilliant! And that is one of the cutest dogs ever! Both cards are adorable. I love their blue sweaters. So happy to have a guesting spot with JUGS this month!

Bobby said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has an idea and then forgets the required colors. ;) That dog is so cute and now you have two cards for youngsters in your life.

Lisa Elton said...

Double the fun, Carol, they're both cute!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I had to laugh at your mix up with the colors... I have done that on more than one occasion. I love that dog, and I love both of your cards. His sweater on the top one is quite stylish and I love the little die cut flowers you placed around him. Love the skateboard stunt in the second, and I am very curious about that easel die. I have never seen it and can't find it, so it must be one you've had for a while. In any case love the way you used to the colors, and the other colors. LOL.