Thursday, August 29, 2024

Summer's End Card

Pretty much everyone, especially teachers or students, will say that a summer vacation is the yearly reprieve that helps them reset. That is how I always felt. Whether it is just the break from work, school or the normal life routine, there is something about summer that refreshes us. I will be sending this to a teacher friend who just went back to school. 

This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #742, you are invited to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit or Copy And Share Everything) a Design Team member's card. You can take the colors, the theme, an element of the card, and then make your own design. Be sure to explain who/what you were inspired by and how you used it for your card. Here is my card.






Products I used:

Waffle Flower - Postage Collage die, Postage Collage Coloring stencil, Postage Collage Beach Days Stencil and stamp sets

My Favorite Things: Sunny Days Ahead stamp set, Seaside Gulls stamp and die sets

Concord and 9th - Seaside Post Dies

Copic markers

Ranger - Distress ink pads

Altenew - Obsidian black ink pad


My postage collage was just your normal stamping and die cutting, and the only thing I changed was stenciling the two gulls looking closely into the camera, then fussy cutting them to look like a die cut.  I was going for a little laugh from all the gulls who are such quirky birds. (I also combined two sentiments to come up with the one you see.)

We hope you will join us this week. You have a variety of inspiration from the team!

Can you believe that September is just about here and summer is over in 21 days?

Carol






10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute use of this die. Those gulls are so cute.

Lisa Elton said...

I think your teacher friend will appreciate her cute summery card! I know these little guys always make me smile!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I am still absolutely loving these postage scenes...so cute!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is such a great card for a teacher who is returning to work after a summer hiatus. I have been driving past many schools (ours are mostly not open yet in NJ) with parking lots full of teachers' cars as they prepare to open. Feeling grateful that I can still enjoy "local summer" as I have moved on from that part. Your card is somuch fun and very cleverly done. The sentiment is sooooo perfect. I just love everything about it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much ladies!!!-Carol

cm said...

I agree: summer is the time to refresh, rejuvenate and reinvigorate - especially if you're a teacher, which we both were. Your friend will absolutely love this card, as do I. A fun, clever, snapshot-of-summer delight!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Your card made me chuckle, Carol. I love those close-up seagull faces. With so many designers using the collage set, you should see several CASEs of your delightful card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I absolutely love those adorable seagulls! That postage die is so much fun and you definitely know how to use it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Bobby!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sue!!!