Thursday, August 22, 2024

Hi

At Just Us Girls this week our challenge #741 is Anything Goes with a Stencil. I got this stencil at the beginning of summer and was waiting for it to fit the right challenge at the right time in my summer cardmaking. It gives off tropical vibes to me. Be sure to check out all of the team's and guest Bonnie's blogs to see how they made their cards! Links to their blogs are above their card photos on the Just Us Girls Challenge blog.











Products I used:

Hero Arts: Floral Trove stencil

Spellbinders: Stitched H and I dies

Ranger: Distrees Oxide ink pads - Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Dried marigold

Picket Fence: Bubble Blowout Embellishment mix

Ink blending brushes

Foam squares


First I cut a 6" x 6" white panel. I masked off each section of the stencil, one at a time, to be able to change and separate colors throughout the whole stencil. I die cut my letters in white and ink blended the shadow piece with Abandoned Coral ink to match the stenciling. I adhered the white letters to the shadow pieces and popped up the completed letters on my stenciled panel with foam squares. Last, I added the irridescent "bubbles."

We hope you will join our stencil challenge because anything goes if you use a stencil. Be sure we can see the stenciling and that you tell us how you used it. These are quicker cards to make than most! See you in our gallery?

Carol



10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this background! Perfect with the fun hi

cm said...

Tropical vibes clearly coming though with your fun, fresh, fabulous card. Love this!
hugs~carol

Greta said...

Such a fun stencil and wonderful color combo. Those letters are perfect for this card.

Bonnie said...

What pretty summer colors, Carol! This is so bright and fun! Thank you for the warm welcome.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... amazing color combination on a very fun stencil. I really don't use dried marigold often... it really is a great color. And the funky hi is the perfect compliment.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun stencil! Love your colors, Carol, this is cute!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great choice of colors and masking on this fabulous stencil! Love the die cut Hi, too. Awesome fresh design!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the stencil, love your color choices and love those alpha dies. This is a great card, Carol!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies!

Bobby said...

Tropical vibes in those colors but I can also see it at a retro stencil, Carol.