Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Everything Has Beauty

Fruit is the best food, isn't it? Whether it's a pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, cherries, watermelon, plums, grapes or peaches, it is all so refreshing. Time Out Challenges #270 is a Photo Inspiration that is so colorful with fruit and makes me want to sit down to a bowl of it. I decided to use my pineapple dies because one of my favorite fruits to eat is pineapple with fresh lime squeezed over it. The lime adds so much flavor! I learned this trick many years ago in Mexico. You can also decorate the table with pineapples! 








Products I used:

Spellbinders: Stitched Pineapple dies

The Paper Studio: Botanicals patterned paper

Pretty Pink Posh: Gems

Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Small Talk stickers

DMC embroidery floss

I die cut my pineapple and stitched it first. (I took artistic license to make it the colors I wanted to coordinate with my tropical paper.) Then I assembled the leaves and layers of the pineapple. I cut a strip of patterned paper and a thin strip of cardstock to bring in the pink from the patterned paper.

Last, I adhered everything to the card and added some gems. That's it!

I'm still sitting here thinking about having some fruit! Are you?

Thanks for stopping by,

Carol


5 comments:

Greta said...

Your stitched pineapple is beautiful and so is the printed paper. Glad you entered this lovely card in our challenge at Time Out.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Greta! -Carol

Kate said...

Mmmm, you've certainly made me think about having some fresh pineapple right about now - must try it with some lime! Love your card Carol - thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us at Time Out Challenges always lovely to see your creations in the gallery!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Thanks so much Kate!