Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Thanks a Gazillion

I am drawn to graphic style art and cards. I also really like the dies that cut strips of colored cardstock, but I haven't bought any yet, but I'm tempted. This particular card style made me think about positive and negative space, and it was fun. I am sharing it over at Time Out Challenges #267 "Seeing Stars" and Sunday Stamps SSC339 "Mosaic Madness." I loved the colors at Sunday Stamps and there are so many ways to use stars. My sentiment looks darker in person...couldn't get a perfect photo of it.










Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Star die, Really Retro stamp set, sequins (to match the cardstock)

Cardstock scraps in navy, teal, orange and red

Rhinestones


I saw a card using a butterfly with this card style and it was very pretty. The shapes are endless that could be used with this design. I need more thank you cards, so that's how I picked the sentiment. Very simple card process today.

Thanks for stopping by,

Carol







11 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Carol said...

Thank you!

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, I love this fabulous stars and stripes card! The negative space is a fantastic way to make all the colors pop! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Kate said...

Love the simplicity of this design and the impact! And so striking with this colour palette! Thanks for seeing stars with us this fortnight at Time Out!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Claire said...

So clever! Love the negative and positive!

Carol said...

Thank you Claire!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Kate!

Carol said...

Thank you Claire!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun positive/negative card -- this is a really creative style! And the colors from the challenge make it so cheery. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

So creative--love this! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

Kate said...

Congrats Carol, you've earned an Honourable Mention with this lovely card! Grab your badge and wear it with pride and I look forward to seeing your work in the gallery again soon! Hugs, Kate!