Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Stars and Stripes Nautical Fish

I have loved these fish for a long time and with the 4th of July here, I decided to make them along a nautical red, white and blue theme for both Inspired By and Color Thowdown Challenges this week. Both challenges have red, blue and kraft (ie., my rope) details and Inspired by also has three boxes on their sketch option. I love inlaid designs, and that helped me complete my CAS card.











Products I used: 

The Stamp Market: Fintastic stamp and die sets

Colorbox: Scarlet Pigment ink pad

Versamark: Watermark ink pad

Gina K: Fine Detail white embossing powder

Clear embossing powder

Twine

Patterned paper

I thought Inspired By "Picnic" could be tied to my card with tuna sandwiches or fishy crackers in the basket. I die cut the fish and individually heat embossed the stripes on two of them. I die cut one fish out of sparkly white star/red patterned paper. I saved the negative scraps of red, white and blue cardstock after die cutting the fish, thinking that I could use these if I decided to do an inlaid design. Well, that is what I ended up doing. I tied some twine around one side for a nautical/kraft detail and now I might make several of these to give as a gift set. I opted out of giving the card a sentiment.

Happy 4th of July!

Carol


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great take on the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

Susie Moore said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this card! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a super fun card and a fabulous use of the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along in the challenge!