Thursday, July 4, 2024

Don't Worry Beach Happy

Happy 4th of July! By now you have already made your red, white and blue cards and delivered them to their destinations. For the next week at Just Us Girls Color Challenge #734 our fun teammate Stephanie has us using Coral and Yellow. Happy colors aren't they? I only used Ranger Distress Oxide inks in Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seed. Since it is early-to-mid-summer I went with a tropical theme again. Check out the card made by our new guest for July, Cat Craig, as well as the team's cards and blogs to learn about how they made their cards and the products they used.










Products I used:

Lawn Fawn: Magic Iris Tropical Leaves Add-on stencil and die sets

Stampin' Up!: Beach Happy stamp set

Ranger: Distress Oxide inks in Abandoned Coral and Mustard Seed

Pretty Pink Posh:  Gems

First I made an A2 card base. I stenciled right on the card front with a light and heavy touch in different areas, then did my all of my die cutting. I die cut and popped up the wreath on foam tape and adhered the center circle (that the die cuts out) flush onto my card front. The die set comes with extra leaves and flowers, so I inked blended some flowers and added sparkle to their centers with yellow gems. Below is a sample I found of the many shades of coral. Pretty!




We hope you will have fun with these colors like the design team did. See you in the gallery this week!

-Carol


7 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol...WOWZER! love your background!! Have a great 4th!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background great use of the colors! Have a good Fourth of July

Lisa Elton said...

I love all of the movement and your fabulous background! Pretty card, Carol. Happy 4th!

Bobby said...

Very tropical indeed, Carol. That wreath made a great focal point on the colorful background.

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!

cm said...

Coral and yellow work beautifully for your tropical vibes card, Carol! So incredibly pretty!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving this awesome tropical creation! Our colors were perfect for this beauty!