Monday, July 1, 2024

4th of July Pie

I just made some 4th of July Pie for The Paper Players PP696 Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I looked around at lots of pie cards on Pinterest and CASEd a few of them into this one. From the Tic Tac Toe board I chose the top row across: stars and/or stripes, bling, and blue.





Products I used:

Spellbinders: Sky View Pies dies

Poppy Stamps: Life is Sweet stamp set

Concord and 9th: Plaid Background stamp set

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Sugar Pea: Card Front Element Builder Stitched Rectangle die

Versamark watermark ink pad

Stampin' Up!: Star border die, star punch, Classic ink pad

Red rhinestones

Hole punch


I stamped the plaid onto a piece of blue cardstock with Versamark watermark ink, dried it with my heat gun, then ran it through my Big Shot to get the stitched border. I think it looks kind of like a tablecloth. I die cut the pies, ink blended the crust pieces to look baked, and assembled them. (I ink blended blue and red ink on scraps of paper, then hole punched them to use as cherries and blueberries on the flag pie. I also used a small star punch to make cut outs on the one pie crust.) I threw on a little bit of bling for the 4th of July and stamped my sentiment, die cut it into a banner and curved it to look like it was a flag waving in the breeze.

I hope the weather where you are cooperates for the 4th of July. We are having lots of rain in Florida. Happy 4th!

Carol


9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... OMGosh, your red white and blue pies could not be any cuter!! You are so amazingly clever... even the gingham background is perfect. Thanks ever so much for sharing at Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love this! Being a Mid-West Girl by birth, we all love pie! The patriotic theme is the best! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Wow! This is amazing! You could have just stamped that plaid background and I'd be happy, but those little pies are AMAZING!! SO CUTE! Fun sentiment too! I think the flag one is my favorite...the detail is fabulous! Thanks for playing with our TTT challenge at the Players this week!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth!

Carol said...

Thanks Claire!

Carol said...

Thanks so much LeAnne! It was a fun one!

Greta said...

Oh what a cute card with those great pies!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Greta!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

A delicious way to use the challenge. Wonderful card Carol. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players