Thursday, June 27, 2024

You're a Lifesaver

I've been waiting for summer to get here to use these lifesaver stamps and dies...and yipee it is time!! For this week's Just Us Girls Challenge #733: Anything Goes with a Stencil, I knew I wanted to make a pool with lifesavers in it.










Products I used:

The Stamp Market: You're a Lifesaver stamp and die sets

My Favorite Things: Perfect Pool Water stencil

Pink and Main: Large Sentiment Strip dies

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads, Dew Drops

Versafine: Onyx black ink pad

Ranger: Distress Oxide ink pad

Twine


I stenciled the pool first, then moved the stencil 180 degrees and stenciled again. 

I gathered my inks and Misti, and started stamping the lifesavers with different patterns. 

Next, I die cut them and arranged them on the pool panel. Once I was happy with them, I popped them up with foam tape, even the ones with "rope" on them. 

Then, I added dew drops to look like water splashes. I like how they sparkle.

I adhered the pool to the A2 card base and my card was complete!

We really hope you will join us with a stencil or two and share it in our gallery. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Carol









7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so fun! Love how the stenciling looks like water

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... your pool water looks amazing! Love the idea of this card...just too cute! The bits of twine are a wonderful addition.

Lisa Elton said...

Yay summer! What a cute card, Carol. I like all of the patterns on your lifesavers and the pool looks amazing!

Carol said...

Thanks girls!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh, what FUN and colorful life savers! wonderful stenciled water too! Julia xx

Bobby said...

What a fun way to display all those lifesavers, Carol. I want the green striped one. ;) The dew drops are great for adding water droplets.