Thursday, June 27, 2024

Happy 4th Postcard

I have had a postcard in my mind for a while and started playing with it on paper. I wanted the adorable die cut pen on it and a Waffle Flower postage stamp.  

I am playing along at Die Cut Divas Challenge Blog where the theme is Your Favorite Die Cut Shapes. This postcard has three of my faves: The Waffle Flower postage stamp in the corner, The Sugar Pea Designs Stitched Rectangle die ( I used it A LOT) and my current new favorite: The Greetery's Pen Pal die. There are so many ways to use this pen!








Products I used:

The Greetery: Pen Pal die set, Pinwheel Party stencil set

Waffle Flower: Postal Collage die set

Sugar Pea Designs: Card front Element Builder (stitched rectangle die)

Stampin' Up!: Winter Post stamp set, Happy 4th stamp, Stars stencil, Classic ink pad

Ann-ticipations: Happy Birthday America sentiment stamp

Ranger: Distress inks

Pink and Main: Sparkle enamel dots

Silver cardstock

Red/star patterned paper scrap


So that all the elements would all fit where I envisioned them, I had an order of tasks in my head. 

First I ran a stitched rectangle die and white cardstock through my Big Shot for the postcard to have a stitched border. 

Then I stamped the "Post Card" and "Happy Birthday America" sentiments. 

I stenciled the pinwheels next. 

I die cut and assembled the pen. 

I die cut the postage stamp and masked it off to be able to stencil the light red background. I stamped the "Happy 4th" and adhered the complete postage stamp to the postcard.

I stenciled some small stars here and there, added enamel dots in the center of the pinwheels, and to finish I adhered my pen to the postcard. 

I will be back with more projects using this pen die in coming weeks. Check back here to see!

Happy cardmaking and Happy 4th of July!

-Carol





1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous postcard, Carol - love that pen and postage stamp & they look amazing with the stenciled fireworks!! Thanks for sharing at Die Cut Divas!!