Saturday, June 22, 2024

Oh the Places You'll Go!

Last night's Craft Roulette had my head spinning, trying to figure out how I would get all of the parameters met. I slept on it and had more thinking time this morning. The parameters were:

Project: A Dude's Card

Colors: Dragons

Element: Basket(s)

Random: Chart


Here is my card first, and then I will explain what I did with the parameters. My card was inspired by Allison Frazier's use of this patterned paper and postage frames on Instagram. She is so creative and talented!




I made a new baby (dude) boy card using primary colors (that you would see in a baby book about dragons) The hot air balloon basket is carrying the little bunny and the calendar is the chart. I looked up whether or not a calendar is a chart and I found that since people add their data (dates, appts.) it counts as a chart. And the calendar on my card means all the days/months/years/decades of the baby's life that will fill up with experiences and travels.

Products I used:

La-La Land Crafts: Countryside Designer Paper Pack

Stampin' Up!: Everybunny stamp set (old)

The Greetery: Curio collage frame die

Waffle Flower: Calendar stamp set, Postal stencil

Prismacolor: colored pencils

Versafine: Onyx black ink

I fussy cut a piece of the patterned paper to fit behind two layered collage frame dies adhered together for thickness. I adhered the frames on top of the patterned paper.

I stamped the calendar and bunny/hot air balloon. Then, using a black marker, I colored and stamped just the balloon outline on red patterned paper because the balloon was originally drawn to be an Easter egg. I fussy cut the ballon and adhered it on top of my stamped bunny/balloon image. 

I colored the bunny, basket and balloon and fussy cut them. I popped this piece up on two layers of foam tape to look like they were in flight.

I fussy cut the calendar and decided where I wanted it to go. 

Using my computer, I typed up my sentiment, printed it, and cut it down to size. I placed it where it looks like the bunny is reaching for its future.

The ideas in the gallery already are just great that people from all over the world are sharing! Go take a look here.

On to my next project!

-Carol




3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Elton said...

I like your thought process and that adorable bunny! This is such a bright and happy card, Carol... cute too!

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!