Thursday, June 20, 2024

Carpe Diem

I just love these Altenew rowboat dies and saw that Sunday Stamps SSC337 In The Garden had these gorgeous colors this week, so I made this card for it taking inspiration from the five colors. Pretty sure these are a girls group of rowboat owners. LOL.









Products I used:

Altenew: Wooden Rowboat die set, Boat Adventures stamp set

My Favorite Things: Snow Swirls cover die

Ranger: Distress ink

Twine

Vellum

GinaK: White Fine Detail embossing powder


I just love the colors of this challenge. It was fun to find these colors in my stash and piece these rowboats together. I wanted to add a little something to them and thought of rope. It feels like summer to me and a place we go for a casual lunch and to hang by the water. I fussy cut the sentiment after heat embossing it. I am getting braver to heat emboss on vellum too, after all these years. I just needed to remember the anti-stick powder!

See you back here soon!

-Carol





8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What cute rowboats! I've never seen those dies, love what you've done with them. This is a wonderful summery card, Carol!

stampwithamyk said...

How cute! Love the little boats, perfect for the color challenge! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Wow Carol, spot on with the colors for this weeks challenge! And yes, I would definitely use one of these rowboats ;) Thanks for sharing with us this round at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Lunch by the water with boats floating there...yes, please!! My kinda place/card!! Thanks for playing along with our "In the Garden" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our color palette with trio of boats...oh and I love the addition of the rope!!!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC337

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!

Claire Broadwater said...

Carol, this is so fun!!!!! I love these rowboats and the scene you created! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Carol said...

Thank you Claire!

Kim Hamilton said...

Congratulations Carol! You are the recipient of the $25.00 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge voucher! Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your prize!