Sunday, June 2, 2024

Just For You

The Inspired By Challenge #IB291 is Muffin Cups. I see cupcake papers with pretty prints on them. And cupcakes come from cake batter, so that is how I arrived at my card for their challenge. I just had to run the patterned paper through my crimper for the cupcake papers texture. I also used polka dots and florals like their papers. 

I adore cupcakes, so this was a labor of love, in two senses of the phrase. The Inspired By three-square graphic also caught my eye, so I combined both picture and graphic into my card.













Products I used:

The Greetery: Postal dies, Takes the Cake Mini die set

Waffle Flower: Postal die

Stampin' Up!: Stamp, ink

American Crafts: Patio Party paper pad

Crimper

Foam tape


I used a couple of different die sets to cut my postage and even had to make the center one by partially die cutting one postage die, then die cutting it again to make it smaller than its actual size. I had fun using this mini cake die set and adding a gold cake plate and candles. You can believe me when I say I held my breath to stamp the sentiment, because it was the last thing to do to finish the card and it is an older wooden stamp that is easily stamped crooked. Whew...it turned out all right.

Now I'm off to busy myself with a few chores so I can stop thinking about cake and cupcakes. Yum!!!

-Carol








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty 🤩. Love the texture and colours. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

Carol said...

Thanks so much Laurel!