Monday, June 3, 2024

Sea Ya Tropical Framed Card

This project started with an idea I have been wanting test out. It ended up working for a challenge that I want to enter. Inkspirational Challenges has a "Frame" theme this week and I purposely cut my inked panel smaller that the 5" x 5" card base I made so that I could frame my work. 



















Products I used:

Altenew: Hibiscus Garden 3D dies

My Favorite Things: Wild Greenery dies

Lawn Fawn: Henry's ABCs dies

Gold cardstock

Distress Ink pads


So, I saw this technique recently on You Tube while looking for ways to get a glimmer foil affect without the machine. This is just die cutting using thinner gold cardstock/paper, adhering it to cardstock, then running it through the Big Shot a couple of times to get it flat on the background.

After ink blending and spritzing a 4.5" x 4.5" white panel with water, I die cut the tropical leaves and adhered them to the panel with Bearly Arts glue. I learned that you need to let the glue dry completely before running it though the Big Shot. I used a couple of thin shims to do so.

I die cut my letters twice, once out of coral and once out of the same gold used for the leaves. I adhered a gold letter behind each coral one for a shadow effect. Then I put them on a small blue scrap piece of cardstock. I popped it up on foam tape for the front of the card, and adhered "soon" inside the card with glue.

I am very much in tropical cardmaking mode now that summer is upon us. This is my favorite cardmaking time of year!

See you back here soon,

Carol

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on your background Carol - and great technique to make your thin gold card look like foil and the leaves are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational:frame! Julia xx

Carol said...

Thank you Julia!

Pia S said...

Beautiful color blend and shine, fun design with a summery feel! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Inkspirational.

Carol said...

Thanks so much Pia!