Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day and here is a card for my husband because he is always up for a cocktail by the beach. I pictured it to be more masculine but once I got going on the sun and drink I just went with the tropical colors.


I made this card for Craft Roulette a week ago where the parameters were:

Project: Holiday

Colors: Tropics

Element: Wheel

Random: Geometric shape


My take on those parameters are: Father's Day, tropical colors, the orange slice at the bottom is like the wheel Mary Gunn spins to choose the parameters each week and my shapes are circle (orange slice) and squares (ice cubes). 








The glass is cut from white sparkle cardstock and I ink blended the card background with distress inks. I used some cute little ice cubes for texture and a "real" ice cube feel. It was a fun make and he likes it!


Products I used:

Lawn Fawn: Beach Sunset Stencils, Zesty Lemon die set

Picket Fence Studios: Tropical Cocktail dies

Stampin; Up!: Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set  (older)

Distress Inks

My Favorite Things: Ice cubes


Have a nice day whether you are celebrating a dad or not...hope you can relax with a nice beverage today.

-Carol

No comments: