Saturday, June 15, 2024

Happy 4th!

My latest card, a rocker card, is for Craft Roulette Episode 219 where the Mary Gunn funn parameters this week are:

Project: Anniversary

Colors: Salad

Element: New

Random: Folded Corner


My take is the 4th of July being the yearly anniversary of our nationhood, red, blue and white colors of a strawberry/blueberry/banana fruit salad (and silver for the fork to eat it), new being my cocktail glasses and garnishes dies, folded corners on the other side of the rocker card (it has a front and back) where you can see the Happy Birthday America greeting on the back side that is kind of like the bunting pictured below it. 














I am entering my rocker card in the June My Favorite Things Challenge: Summer Lovin' Card Cue because I used mostly their products. I have made Christmas drinks in the past with just the Christmas garnish dies. I used these glasses and everyday garnishes for the first time on this card.


Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Long Stem Barware dies, Garnish dies, Christmas Garnish dies

Stampin' Up!: Star dies and punches on back, Happy 4th sentiment die

Patterned paper from my stash

Concord and 9th: mini ink pads

Holographic silver cardstock

Wink of Stella pen


It was fun making the drinks and embellishing them. I die cut the glasses and garnishes first, then ink blended and assembled them. 

I die cut a circle out of heavy white cardstock, then another smaller one out of star patterned paper. I scored the white circle in half, then cut and adhered the red star paper on the front half of the white one. I made a folding mechanism on the inside of the rocker card so it wouldn't slide apart and flatten.

On the back, I cut another smaller circle and stamped Happy Birthday America on the solid red side, then folded the corners of my bunting to show the stars on the other side. I punched/die cut some silver stars, then adhered this piece to the back of the rocker base.

This week's Craft Roulette was an easy one...thank you Mr. Wheel!

Have you made any 4th of July cards yet? It is coming for us quickly! See you soon.

-Carol


2 comments:

Karen said...

So creative; one fabulous card!

Carol said...

Thanks Karen!