Thursday, May 9, 2024

Live Your Life in Color

While stamping at my friend's house, she showed me how to use the BetterPress machine. She made it look so quick and seemingly easy. Next up was the stenciling part, which I loved! I came home to complete the card and to find a sentiment for our Just Us Girls Word Week Challenge #726: Garden.






Products I used:

Spellbinders: Cosmos Backdrop BetterPress and Stencil Bundle, Paint Your World Sentiments Clear stamp set

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder die set

Distress inks

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Gems

Speaking of gardens, our next door neighbor's garden out back is full of pretty flowers on the bushes, some young palm trees and a blue ceramic birdbath. She also has great uplighting in her garden in the evening. We are able to live our life in color now, especially when the sun sets behind this view. (Her garden is near our property line and we can't help but enjoy the pretty view. We have a pool...no garden.)


We hope you will join us for our garden theme this week! 

-Carol


10 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, Carol. I love the colors in your garden. I have just dropped a big hint to my family about this tool and my upcoming BD. I think it's time. You did a beautiful job with this creation making me wat to Betterpress even more!

cm said...

Carol, the colours and sentiments you've paired with the Cosmos images make for one stunning card ! I have that Better Press plate + stencils and have made several cards using it. I may be addicted. You'll see a couple of my versions, soon.
Your neighbour's yard sounds fabulous; glad you can enjoy the view.
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely bg stamping! Great colors too

Karen said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Carol said...

Thanks everyone. Nancy owns the Betterpress and showed me how it works. Then I stenciled and made the card. It is very tempting though...

Lisa Elton said...

I love this press plate to bits and I love the colors you used! Beautiful card, Carol!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This floral background is absolutely gorgeous! The colors and shading on those cosmos is stunning. So lucky to have a friend like Nancy.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Carol. Love the colors of the pretty flowers. Glad you have such a nice view of your neighbor's garden, it sound lovely. Have a great weekend.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this card is just wonderful! Love the colors, love the design... like I said "just wonderful"!

Bobby said...

That is such a beautiful image, Carol, and your coloring really brought it to life.