Saturday, May 4, 2024

Hello Summer

It's Saturday again and I made my weekly card for this week's Craft Roulette #213. It's a Funn one and not too difficult! The new parameters are:


Project: Hello

Colors: Robust

Element: Workplace

Random: Mixed Media


My use of the parameters is a Hello greeting, bright colors at the beach, a lifeguard's workplace, and my mixed media is the use of vellum in the window while using heavier cardstock for all the other die cuts, along with ink blending distress ink and SU! classic inks.  The bird, lifeguard tower and and sun are popped up on foam tape.

I am also entering my card at #SSSIGChallenge Lots of Layers for May. I count at least 5 here. They are disguised in a CAS card. LOL.




First I did my die cutting and assembling of the lifeguard stand, life preserver and surfboard. Then I ink blended the front of my A2 card base to make a beach scene. I cut a piece of white card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4" and die cut a circle out of it for a window. I attached it to the ink blended card front with foam tape for dimension. I adhered the die cut pieces to the card front. The bird, lifeguard tower and and sun are popped up on foam tape. Last, I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner.

Products I used:

Rubbernecker: Lifeguard Tower die

Spellbinders: Bird die from Build a Summer Birdhouse

My Favorite Things: Cloud dies from Beach Scene Builder, Inside and Out Stitched Circle die, Sunny Days Ahead sentiment stamp

Sizzix: Sun die

Ranger: Distress ink in Antique Linen (sand), Tumbled Glass (blue sky and water), Coastal Cabana (water)

Stampin' Up!: Classic ink pads in Brilliant Blue (sentiment)

Lawn Fawn: White woodgrain cardstock

Aqua vellum (in the window)


Now I'm off to post my card to Craft Roulette and tag the #SSSIGChallenge on Insta!

-Carol


No comments: