Thursday, May 2, 2024

Life's a Beach

Here's my card based on the colors that hostess Bobby chose for our Just Us Girls Challenge #725: peach, lavender and grey. I went beachy, but the team and our special guest Jenny Martin came up with a variety of ideas for you to check out and enjoy. We hope you will join us for this pretty color combination.









Products I used:

Papertrey Ink: Shell dies

Ellen Hutson: Let's Chill stamp set

Quatrefoil cover die: I don't have the packaging anymore, but possibly Papertrey ink

Distress inks

My Favorite Things: Grey ink pad

Gems: Pretty Pink Posh 

I masked off the left side of the card base, then ink blended lightly with purple and orange distress inks in an ombré way. I found the quatrefoil die cut in my stash and cut it to just cover the left side of the card front. (I used the other half on the right edge inside the card.) Next, I die cut my shells and ink blended them. I glued them down with the tops loose for dimension, and popped the scallop shell up on foam tape. Last, I inked up the sentiment and added a few gems.

Play along with us this week!

Carol

11 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... life is a beach. I am headed to the water in just a few... am going to float in the pool and watch the Blue Angels overhead. Great card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those shells look so pretty in the colors! Lovely card

Lisa Elton said...

I don't think I've ever seen a beach card in this color combo, but wowee is yours ever pretty!

Celeste Goff said...

Love that background panel and those beautiful seashells!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so pretty, Carol. The colors are so perfect for shells.I love your design with that wonderful cover plate, and your inking is perfect too. Lovely card!

Nancy said...

So pretty and soft! The shells look wonderful and I love the background and that sentiment.

Bobby said...

This is a great CAS card, Carol, and very beachy. Love it!

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! Great blending! Such a beautiful design. Thanks for having me as GD:)

cm said...

Again, your seamless blending is ever so eye-catching. You have the blending touch, indeed. Perfect images for this week's colours. I'm smitten with your beach-y card!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love your creative take on this week's colors! I never would have thought to use them in the beautiful way you did. Gorgeous!