Thursday, April 25, 2024

Thanks

Summer may as well be here because the temps are pretty warm, but the humidity has been low so that's a plus! I decided to make a tropical card this week for our Just Us Girls #724 Anything Goes with a Stencil Challenge. My whole card is stenciled. Then I added the die cut word Thanks.






For today's card I used the Pretty Pink Posh Hibiscus stencils and a Hero Arts background stencil with Distress Inks. The "thanks" die is from My Favorite Things. The card base and "thanks" are cut from charcoal cardstock and the holographic sequins are from Simon Says Stamp. I fussy cut the flowers and popped some of them up on foam tape. I die cut the "thanks" three times for a thicker, sturdier sentiment.

We hope you will join us this week with a stenciled project and check out the design team's  and guest Colleen's cards too! We'll be looking for you in our gallery.

See you soon,

-Carol

8 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is so pretty and I love your stencil work.

ElizStewart said...

Carol...loving how you combined stencils! Such fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a very pretty card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those flowers are beautiful! I love that soft stenciled background you paired with them.

Bobby said...

The lovely hibiscus do give your card a tropical feel, Carol, and I love that you stenciled the background too.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the hibiscus, and cutting around them an placing them on teh tropical leaves looks fantastic. Great color choices, and I just love that stenciled background. Those wonderful sequins are the perfect embellishment.

cm said...

Beautiful tropical card, Carol; I love hibiscus, but they're hard to grow in our cooler climate. Speaking of cool...snow falling as I write this. Sighhhh....
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thanks ladies! I love hibiscus too!