Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Happy Dance

It thought it was about time to break out this stamp and die set from Ellen Hutson that I looked at for a very long time before finally buying it. It was easy to color and stamped so well with one try. I am sharing it over at Seize the Birthday: Off the Edge with this card style by the same name. Here is Jennifer McGuire's tutorial on many ways to make this type of A2 card. (The dancer and mountains are part of the card front, not die cut and adhered to it.)








I used Copic markers and Altenew "Hawaiian Shores" (not on purpose) Brush and Fine Tip Pens to color my scene as well as Versafine Onyx black ink to stamp. I used distress ink to blend on the sand. The water droplets are Dew Drops from Concord and 9th. Can you guess why I decided to use dew drops? 98% because I had stray black ink marks, and 2% because they really do look like actual water droplets. Never fails.

As summer gets near, I plan to use this stamp set more with its Hawaiian greetings, tropical plants, cute pineapple, and a coconut drink. Come back to see what materializes.

Aloha and mahalo,

Carol


7 comments:

JoAnn said...

What fun card Carol. Love the hula dancer off the edge. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Carol said...

Thank you JoAnn!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect image for off the edge -- a very cute, beachy cared. Thanks for joining in at STB

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!!!

Nancy said...

I love your creativity when it comes to our Topping. Love the softness of the scene and the cute Hawaiian girl. Makes me yearn to go back to Hawaii! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday and being the first out of the gate!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Nancy!

JulieP said...

I adore this card and this may be one of the few EH sets that I didn't buy. Wonderful partial diecutting too. It's perfection! Thanks for playing with Seize the Birthday dear friend!