Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sending You Sunshine

This week for Craft Roulette #211 I was not home to watch it live, so I watched it back in the morning. I first wanted to see the parameters and then I always want to hear how Mary talks through them to brainstorm ideas with her live guest and everyone watching from around the world. The people watching are also sharing their ideas in the chat. That's where I get ideas for any parameter that has me stumped. Here is what we must include this week:

Project: Good Tidings

Colors: Summer

Element: Mechanics/Mechanical

Random: Ties closed




First, Mary mentioned that we could make a card that moves, like last week. I was relieved. (Although people were giving ideas like camera, washing machine, car, etc.) Then she mentioned adding anything that tied or a bow. That helped me, too.

I happened to see this column card demonstrated by Rachel at Stamp Your Art Out. Super easy and I love the elements for her card in this video.

I ran across one of my favorite summer patterned papers first and grabbed it. I think it is from JoAnn Fabrics or Hobby Lobby. 

I got out my Ellen Hutson All Inside bear and sun. I also used Bear Wear 3 for the sunglasses and drink. I colored my stamped images with Prismacolor pencils and stamped them twice to be able to adhere them back to back. I wanted them to look nice on the back side that extends over the front edge of the column. 

I stamped my SugarPea Designs Tropic Like It's Hot sentiment and "tied together" some bakers's twine with a little holographic silver anchor around the card base. (The hole in the anchor was too small to I actually had to attach it with a glue dot.)

This card folds flat to A2 size which is the best part! (The card base is cut 5 1/2" x 10 1/8" and scored on the long edge at 4 1/4, 5 3/4, 7 1/4 and 8 3/4.  That is all you need to know for the base. I cut my patterned paper (3 pieces) at 5 3/8 x 1 3/8.)

Can't wait to see all the creative ideas everyone has at Craft Roulette this week with these parameters!

See you later,

-Carol


No comments: