Thursday, April 18, 2024

Life is Better with Sandy Feet

It's getting warmer and warmer now and before you know it, summer will be here. Vicki's moodboard for Just Us Girls #728 sure feels like summer, right? I took the bottom right photo and made my card based on it. What will you take from this board to make yours?







Products I used:

Hero Arts: Color Layering Waves stamp set

Stampa Barbara: Beach scene stamp (birds)

Waffle Flower: Nesting Rectangle Frames Die

Stampin' Up!: Ink pads for water, black marker

Distress Inks

Versafine Onyx Black ink

Prismacolor pencils

Concord and 9th: Dew Drop Assortment



I cut a white panel for my scene. I started with the water in case I messed up the alignment. The water takes three stamps to complete the look. Then I added a little more color to the water with pencils. Next, I ink blended the sand and sky. The sky and sailboat are freehanded. I die cut two white and one aqua frame and adhered them together. I made a top folding A2 card base, added the scene panel, then the frame to the front of it. Last, I had to add a few dew drops since it is the beach and water sprays at the shore.

We hope you will find something you like in this moodboard and make a card for our gallery. We love looking at your projects and reading how you made them. Be sure to add our challenge graphic in your post!

See you there!

-Carol


11 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... Love your florida beach! You captured the sky perfectly. Sentiment is wonderful...Waffle Flower?

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, thank you! It’s all Hero Arts.

I Card Everyone said...

Freehanded?? Outstanding, Carol! I can't wait to head to the beach for scenes just like yours! But it's still a wee bit chilly for Lake Michigan!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I almost went in exactly the direction that you did... my birds are from that set. I love you card! your sky is gorgeous. I can't wait to get to the beach and feel some sun on my skin!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty and a great way to welcome summer. You captured the mood board image.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Vicki Dutcher said...

I love this beach view! So pretty 😊

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the beautiful sky, water and sand with so much depth.

Bobby said...

That water looks a little choppy (and so realistic), Carol. The dimension on your card is wonderful and the scene makes me long for the cottage.

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!