Saturday, April 13, 2024

Coffee Shop

I have waited too long to make something with this die set. Craft Roulette helped me get it out and make something! Friday's parameters were:

Project: Include Action

Colors: Northern Lights

Element: Blackboard

Random: Oval











I am also playing along over at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #249 where Fold It is the challenge.  I added the sentiment "Something to perk up your day" to the inside of the card.




My card folds flat to go into an A2 envelope and the oval sign folds down and swings in the breeze, (It really does swing because it was hard to fold the "bracket" of the sign along its score line and it is loosey goosey hanging there now.) Also, the card pops out of the envelope and becomes a 1/2" wide store! LOL. 

The purple and green plants, as well as the holographic hanging lamp and the door hardware on my card mimic the Northern Lights. (Mary said holographic paper/cardstock would be suitable for Northern Lights.)

The sandwich sign out front is a blackboard! Can you see the acetate windows? The second photo shows them best.

I was baffled for a bit after the parameters were announced. Then this die set came to mind and I knew I also had some coffee shop stamps and dies too.

I have a coffee loving friend who will get this card. If she reads this before I see her, she will know in a second that she is the recipient.

Products I used:

Concord and 9th:  Pop-up Shoppe base Dies, Bake Shoppe stamp set

My Favorite Things: Make a Sign die set, Coffee Shop stamp set, Outdoor Décor die set, Floor to Ceiling Paper Pad

Versamark: Watermark ink pad

GinaK:  Detail white embossing powder

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Simon Says Stamp: Heavy duty acetate

Here is the tutorial for how to create the Pop-Up shoppe. I added a little Versamark watermark ink to the door and it photographed a bit messy looking instead of a little shaded. I guess it's a really popular coffee shop and the door is a little worn.

Another FUNN week at Craft Roulette!

Have you checked it out yet? It's on You Tube Friday nights around 7:15 pm EST...the actual show starts at 7:30. You can see cards that people from all over the world sent in electronically the previous week. There are over 400 cards per week!

See ya later!

-Carol


6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness, Carol, what an amazing card! I love this, and am blown away by how you've put it together. Acetate windows - wow! Jo x

Carol said...

Thanks Dotty Jo!

Donna said...

Wow this is amazing!
Gorgeous!!!
Thanks for fancy folding with Enda and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Carol said...

Thank you Donna!!!

JulieP said...

Now that I've seen this in person I can attest to it's awesomeness!!! And to your patience, my dear. You know how little of that I have. LOL!!! This is beyond fab. Thanks so much for playing with the Sisters!

Barbara Godden said...

What an amazing card. So much work, all those tiny pieces but I'm so happy you added it to the gallery at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the Fold it Challenge.