Saturday, April 13, 2024

Because It's Your Birthday

Saw it, had to make it. I saw this fancy fold tutorial the other day and wanted to try it out. It is quick and your papers can make it fun, fancy, bold, CAS, whatever. Here is my first make using Karen's tutorial. I am playing again at Inkspirational Challenges #313 with my card where there are lots of great fold ideas.















I am also playing along at Creative Creases, Anything Goes.



Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Balloon Bash and Celebration Time stamp sets

Patterned cardstock

Black cardstock

Versafine: Onyx Black ink


You can make two card bases from one 12" x 12" sheet of patterned paper or cardstock! The two things that I think are important: use two-sided patterned paper or cardstock and make sure it is on the stiffer/heavier side. For my card I didn't like the pattern on the back (It had writing on it but it was printed upside down) so I added the striped paper on the front flap and some black cardstock on the back of the card to cover the print and make it sturdier.

The basic card base is patterned paper cut at  5 1/2" x 12" then scored on the long edge at 1 3/4", 4 3/4" and 7 3/4" to start. 

Fold the 1 3/4" flap toward you, the 4 3/4" section away from you, and the 7 3/4" fold toward you. From the top it should look like an M. 

Then adhere the 2nd and 3rd sections together on what you are calling your back side of the card base. It should look like my last picture now, minus the stamped and matted pieces. Those pieces are for you to choose and use on each page, making sure that when the card is closed, you can't see the next two matted images behind the first or second ones. They can all be the same size if you want. When closed, they should be centered on the card.

Watch the video. It is very clear there. The actual tutorial starts at 10:30. She has some cute examples of this card there. The last one she shows with flowers inspired my card.

I hope you try it out. It comes together easily and quickly!

See you again soon,

-Carol








10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the fancy fold, Carol! This is a fun card. I like the oversized sentiment on the card front!

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing fancy fold! Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but we have F is for Fold It over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps right now, Jo x

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a wonderful fun fold card! I really love the papers you used and the sentiments are sweet. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely fold you used Carol - LOVE the paper pattern and colors you used and what a great 'sign' sentiment for the front! Thanks for sharing your card and the how to - and for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Fold! Julia xx

Pia S said...

What a brilliant fold - it's a new one for me and even though I noramlly stick to an easy A2 fold myself, this is one I'd love to try. The paper and images are a great match! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational.

Carol said...

Thanks Julia!

Carol said...

Thanks Pia!

Carol said...

Thanks Debbie!

Rae said...

Carol, I love this fun fold. A surprise in every turn of the page. A very fun fold!

Thank you for joining us in the Creative Creases Challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Rae in Reno, DT