Thursday, April 11, 2024

Rain or Shine

Our creative hostess Lisa has chosen Rain for our Word Week #722 at Just Us Girls. I thought of April showers! Get out your umbrellas, rain boots, clouds, etc. for this spring topic. I know someone will come up with a really creative way to approach rain that I haven't even thought of, so the team and I will be looking forward to your creations in our gallery. The team and our special guest Colleen Begley have come up with great inspiration for you. Here is my card.













I am playing along with Inspired By #IB284 where I am inspired by the adorable boots and  pretty spring flowers!



And I am also playing along at The Paper Players PP684: Sunshine and Rainbows! See the bottom left picture? Rain boots...and the top center picture of a flower...my jumping off points!




Products I used:

Spellbinders: Rain Bouquet Small Die of the Month (March 2024 club)

Waffle Flower: Photo frame die

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Frotn Element Builder stitched rectangle die

Reverse Confetti: Sealiously stamp set

Versafine: Onyx black ink

Distress Ink

Ink blending brush

Lawn Fawn: Woodgrain cardstock


This card took a lot of die cutting and deciding on placement of the elements. Once I chose the patterned papers, I assembled the flowers in the boot and made my scene. There is foam tape in the tulip layers and behind the daffodil for depth. The little white flowers remind me of baby's breath for some reason. The clouds are for the passing rain.

We hope to see you in our gallery!

-Carol



14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this cute card! That flower boot is too fun 😊

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is so colorful and full of spring! I love the sky in the frame and the flower in the boot! The lime green background is perfect. Love the woodgrain card. BTW, your photo is sharp and clear as a bell. I love it.

Carol said...

Stephanie, you are such a kind friend. Thanks for the nice words! (And I noticed that this is the clearest picture in a while!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~ Laurel

Lisa Elton said...

Your little plaid rain boot filled with those spring flowers is as cute as can be! This is a delightful card, Carol!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those pink gingham rainboots are fabulous Carol and the diecutting and layering was so worth it - this card is gorgeous and just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... gorgeous layered florals... the boot is priceless.

Kate said...

SO much to love about this card Carol! - the beautiful floral arrangement, the cute plaid boot, the woodgrain polaroid and the fun sentiment! Great mix of colours too! Hugs, Kate!

LeAnne said...

These boots and flowers would make a rainy day worth it! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Players with this pretty creation!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving those adorable rain boots filled with flowers! Fabulous composition on this beauty!

Bobby said...

I am in love with that die set and have resisted so far. Your darling card may have pushed me over the edge, Carol.

Colleen Begley said...

The colors on this card are fabulous! As is the layout, not to mention the dies. I have a few similar rubber boot themed stamps and dies and I almost used one for this challenge. I also really like the different patterns you've used throughout the card front. Yummy!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!