Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Thank You

I have had this patterned paper for quite a while and in the spirit of not hoarding my favorite products, I cut into it today for The Paper Players PP683 Challenge: Tic Tac Toe. I chose the center column from top to bottom: die cut, fun fold, thank you. 








Products I used:

Spellbinders: Mini Blooms and Sprigs dies

Papertrey Ink: Into the Blooms II dies

Stampabilities: Thank You stamp

Random patterned papers and ribbon

Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber

Stampin Up!: Classic Brilliant Blue ink pad

I have been a big fan of the Criss Cross card fun fold and I bring it back every once in a while. It's quite easy. Here a tutorial for it by Robin Armbrecht. If you just want to see this card, it starts just past 35:00. She teaches a few similar styles of fun folds in the whole video.

It was fun matching the paper with the flower die cuts. The inner card pulls out for a message to be written on it. My pattered paper wasn't two-sided so I cut a "liner" out of a pretty coordinating yellow floral paper for the inside of the base card.

I might make a couple more of this fun fold while I have the measurements in my head. There is also a way to make a horizontal one. Here is a tutorial by Carolina Evans. I have made a lot of these over the years.

I hope you try this type of card. I think it has lots of uses. While taking these photos on the plate, I thought of a girlfriends lunch or a birthday celebration with these (and an envelope) on each of the place settings with Thank You or another occasion stamped on them for the attendees to take home to use for someone else. Just an idea.

See you soon.

-Carol




8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

WWCD!! This is such a delightful card, Carol! Love your pocket design, the happy colors and that frilly flower!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Lisa.

Karen said...

Great card, and great ideas! I've never tried this fold, but have marked the posts so I can give it a try. Thanks!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh...I am so in love with this daisy paper, Carol! What a fun fold this is! I can't wait to give it a try. Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thanks Karen! It's definitely a FUN fold. You'll enjoy it!

Carol said...

Thank you Ann! I think the daisy paper is from JoAnn Fabrics.

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Daisies are such pretty flowers and you have shown them well on this terrific fun fold. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with The Paper Players.

I Card Everyone said...

It was so fun to see your darling daisy card next to me in the Cut Above choices at Paper Players, Carol! Thanks so much for sharing that 'fun fold' source - it is just darling here on your card! Add me to the fan list of that sweet daisy paper!
=] Michele