Thursday, April 4, 2024

Beachy Thank You

I recently decided that I need to build up a stash of Thank You cards. Here is a little beach scene for our Just Us Girls Color Challenge #721: Purple, Orange, Mustard, chosen by our sweet hostess Ina. I guess you could call it a silhouette card.






Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Circle die

Lawn Fawn: Palm tree dies (and shells)

Spellbinders: Summer Birdhouse dies (birds)

Poppystamps: Simple Thank You dies

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Catherine Pooler: Queen for a Day ink pad (purple)

Simon Says Stamp: Holographic sequins

I die cut a circle on white cardstock. Then I ink blended the three colors onto it. I cut the circle in three places and trimmed a tiny bit off a couple of them along the hand cut line. I reassembled the circle on an A2 white card base leaving a bit of white card base between the pieces. Next, I die cut the tree, birds and shells. I adhered them to the circle. I decided that I needed a few sequins for sparkle. Then this tiny sentiment die came to mind, so I ink blended some purple on a scrap and die cut the words. Once they were on the card, I was done!

Please join us this week and don't forget to check out the design team's cards along with our special guest, Colleen Begley's creative idea using these colors! See you in the gallery!

-Carol


12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect use of the colors with this fun beachy card

JoAnn said...

Great use of these colors for your beach scene Carol. Love your card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a fabulous way to use Ina's colors! I just LOVE this and am so going to CASE it!

Lisa Elton said...

Ina's colors were so perfect for your pretty scene, Carol! I want to go there!!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!

Bobby said...

Your beachy silhouettes look fabulous with your sunset, Carol.

ElizStewart said...

Carol...love the technique! Amazing how those horizontal white lines really make the card pop!

Carol said...

Thanks ladies!!!

Colleen Begley said...

Hi Carol. Your card is beautiful. I know most think of only using black for silhouette cards, but I really like your white option. This is very peaceful.

Carol said...

Thanks so much Colleen!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a perfect use of these colors, a gorgeous sunset! Love the white palm, shells and gulls flying above.

cm said...

Beautiful, seamless ink blending; perfect for your beachy images. So very pretty!
hugs~carol