Saturday, March 30, 2024

Girlfriends are Priceless

I'm back today with a new card because Craft Roulette #208 was last night and the new parameters dictated the elements for me to include.

Project: Joy Fold Card

Colors: Buggy Ride

Element: Stick(s) & Stone(s)

Random: Trim(s) or Trimming(s)








I looked up what kind of card we were to make and found this Diagonal Joy Fold Card that I thouoght was fun. I have seen these but did not know the name. A Joy Fold card is basically a card on a card.

My use of the parameters is as follows:

Diagonal Joy Fold 

Baby Buggy colors for a girl...they come in all colors these days.
My girl has stick thin legs and lots of rhinestone jewelry.
Her dress has lace trim on the bottom.

I stamped her on white cardstock and again on patterned paper. I fussy cut her dress and adhered it to the cardstock one. All I had to do was color her and add the rhinestones! My sentiment is a bit small but I love it: Gems may be precious but girlfriends are priceless.

Here is a link to the tutorial by Stamping Treasures for this card style. The tutorial starts at 9:15 minutes into the video. I kind of winged it for my mats.

Products I used:

Julie Nutting Mixed Media Doll Stamp 1

Unmounted red rubber sentiment stamp from many years ago

Random cardstock and patterned papers

Copic markers

Distress ink and ink lending brush 

Random rhinestones

This card came together rather quickly and because I forgot and made the slimline card base first, I had to make an A9 base for the girl card to fit into the bigger one. Needless to say, I will be using my envelope maker to create an envelope for this card!

See you back here soon,

-Carol


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like her dress! This is a fabulous card, Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!