Thursday, March 28, 2024

You Color Me Happy

As my blog name states, I saw two cards with this design and had to try it. It is not difficult, believe it or not. Sue is our hostess for our Just Us Girls #720 Anything Goes With a Stencil, and I have stenciled a wall with some painting going on.








Products I used: 

Spellbinders: Artful Tulip die set, Paint Your World Sentiments Clear stamp set

My Favorite Things: Brick wall stencil

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pad

Patterned cardstock

Distress ink

Holographic silver cardstock


Here is a link to the tutorial for this card by Laura Dovalo. I watched it a few times and stopped it several times while making my card. I first stenciled the white panel for my card front. Then I followed her tutorial, but didn't use the string mechanism. Pulling the top brush handle down does the same motion. I can't stop "painting" with the brushes!! Next time I will use a dark front panel so the slits for the paint swipes aren't so obvious.

We hope you will join us this week with a stenciled card. The Design Team has a variety of great ideas for you! 

-Carol



14 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--what a fun design! Those paintbrushes look real!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These paint brushes are so fun! What a great card

Carol said...

Thanks so much Greta!

Carol said...

Thank you Vicki!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so much fun and cute too!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so much fun and cute too!

cm said...

What a great technique and your results are nothing short of awesome! Your card definitely colours ME happy!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

Thank you Carol!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... how fun, its magic! Just wonderful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute and super creative! I love how the paint brushes move painting the brick wall.

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun, interactive design with lovely colors! Off to watch Laura's tutorial.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is such a great card, Carol. Going to have to give this a try. Interactive card making is pretty much uncharted territory for me! I love this!

Ina G said...

Loving the soft stencilled background and in awe of the beautiful paintbrushes and floral swipes. Swooning here Carol.

Carol said...

Thanks so much ladies!!!