Sunday, March 3, 2024

Thinking of You

I am back with my first spring card of 2024. I made an Easter-themed double bridge card. It is for Craft Roulette #204, which was another fun episode. We were challenged to make the following:

Project: Thinking of You

Element: Hear(s) and/or Ear(s)

Colors: Fairy Tale

Random: Stamped Background






I decided to play along with As You See It Challenge #318 with my Easter-themed card.






Products I used:

Simon Says Stamp: Bunny Trail stamp set (bunnies, carrots, back sentiment)

Concord and 9th: Thinking of You stamp set (sentiment)

Ellen Hutson:  All Inside stamp set (sun)

Versafine: Onyx Black ink pad

Copic markers

Altenew: Artist Markers

Stampin' Up!: Dotted embossing folder

Strip of acetate

First I decided on the type of card I was going to make, and I have made the Double Bridge Card in the past but it didn't want to fold flat. I had to try it again. Here is a tutorial for it from The Pampered Stamper.

After I made my base, I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the bunnies and carrots. I cut two white panels for the center of the front and back, and stamped the sentiments on them. I stamped a sun on the front panel for my background along with the " Thinking of You sentiment. The sun made those carrots grow in the garden! I thought about stenciling clouds i the background, but I thought the card was going to be busy enough already. The clouds and blue sky are implied.

Next I embossed another white piece of cardstock with dots. I like that they are wonky and not uniformly lined up, since my card is whimsical, like a fairy tale. I cut 1" strips of the embossed cardstock and attached them to the columns of the bridge card, front and back. The bunny ears cover the required element and the colors for a fairy tale are pretty much any bright or pastel.  I attached the carrots and bunnies to a strip of acetate across the front of the card base to create a bridge. On the back of the card there is space for a handwritten message to the recipient of the card.

Well, I better go add this to the Craft Roulette site...can't wait to see what everyone came up with this week!

Happy Spring!

-Carol

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is oodles of fun, Carol! Those bunnies are as cute as they can be. Great job!

Heather Cooper said...

What a great fun fold, Carol! I love those "eggstra" special bunnies in the carrot patch! Soo cute! Thanks for joining our gallery at As You See It Challenges!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, Carol, cutest bunnies ever! Love this sweet Spring design - and cute sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol those bunnies nestled amongst the carrots are just adorable! I love the fresh, spring feel of your Easter card. Thanks for playing with us over at As You See It!

Carol said...

Thank you ladies! I appreciate your comments.