Thursday, March 7, 2024

Lucky Me

March is here already and we are speeding toward the next holiday, St. Patrick's Day. Our sweet teammate Stephanie is hostess this week at Just Us Girls Color Week Challenge #717 and has chosen green, lime green + one color of our choice. I chose raspberry. I have a few shamrock stamps but I wasn't feeling that look today. Instead, I shopped my stash and used dies, punches and a stencil to make my "whimsical" rainbow card. (I call it that because, well, the colors and those loosely interpreted shamrocks.)




Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Inside and Out Stitched circle dies (rainbow stripes)

Simon Says Stamp: Whoa You're Amazing die 

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Elements Builder scalloped rectangle die

Stampin' Up!: Small flower/shamrock punch

Handheld tiny circle/hole punch

Lucky die: Not sure what brand it is...maybe Stampin' Up!

Pink and Main:  Rectangle patterns stencil

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pad

Ink blending brush


I cut 2 circles at a time to create each rainbow stripe, using green, lime and raspberry cardstock. Next, I punched the "shamrock/flowers" and the gold glitter cardstock dots. I die cut the white scalloped rectangle, then ink blended green ink in a small area. I stenciled over it with the same color. I guess it simulates raindrops? That area just needed something, so...

I arranged my rainbow and shamrock/flowers (whatever they look like to you) and adhered them to the white panel. I die cut one gold glitter and two white cardstock "lucky" sentiments and stacked them for thickness. I took the M and E from the Whoa You're Amazing die to spell Me, obviously.

I adhered the scalloped panel to an A2 lime green panel, then adhered that to a white A2 card base. In person the card has just enough sparkle to make it "magical" like the holiday.

We hope you will join us this week with the pretty greens and a color of your choice! Check out the design team's great ideas they created for you, too!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

-Carol





10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... perfect take for St. Paddy's!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun card - love that rainbow :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the sparkle and your pop of pink! Cute card, Carol!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this! The rainbow is perfect and I love the soft stenciling underneath. The scattered shamrocks, gold dots and sentiment look fabulous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your rainbow, Carol. Raspberry goes beautifully with the greens. I especially like the stenciling inside the arc of the rainbow. That Lucky die is from PTI from way back. The set is called Wonderful Words, and they go with the Wonderful Words Additions stamp set. I hope I made your day. LOL

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol how could this rainbow be any more perfect! I love the other colour your chose and the delicate sentiment is perfect! Thank you so much for having me join as the March Guest Designer!

cm said...

Only one response to your pretty rainbow: LOVE!
hugs~carol

Greta said...

I never thought of a rainbow and I love that idea! Such a sweet card!

Bobby said...

What a fun card, Carol.

Ina G said...

Fabulous and fun card Carol. Love the gold addition too.