Saturday, March 9, 2024

Birthday Envelope

The envelopes from the My Favorite Things Paper Goods die set have served me well. I have made several different styles of cards using them. Here is another use today, as deemed "The Project" at Craft Roulette #205 (also Craftroulette.live) last Friday evening. The parameters are:

Project: Include an envelope

Colors: Party

Element: Crown

Random: 3 strips of paper



As you can see, I went all in with party! I have hoarded the candle patterned paper for a while, and thought my design would start there. The envelope parts were already die cut from my last project, including the tag, so I assembled the envelope and stamped the tag with HB2U - Happy Birthday to You. The birthday crown is gold metallic paper, but my photo shows it to be dark. I added matching twine and tucked the tag in so it can be removed and replaced over and over. I love an interactive card! It is also interactive because I popped up the envelope on an Art Impressions Action Wobbler. The envelope shakes and wobbles back and forth with a little pull on it. And I added three strips of matching cardstock across the middle of the card.

If you haven't ever watched Craft Roulette, it is on You Tube on Friday Nights, 7:30 EST. People form all over the world watch, comment and participate by making a card that is due by Sunday night at midnight Mountain Time.

I can't wait to give this to my daughter for her birthday!

-Carol


4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Carol! Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Festive and very cute, Carol! A fun way to say happy birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is awesome! That paper is perfect with your focal tag :)

Carol said...

Thank you ladies!