Thursday, February 22, 2024

You put the cute in...

Charcuterie! Have you had or seen a dessert charcuterie board like this one? There are breakfast ones too...as well as many other versions. Can you name all the treats on this one? I could not resist these Avery Elle Char-cute-rie stamps and dies. So fun! 

The Just Us Girls Challenge #715 is Anything Goes with a Stencil. This stencil set that I used for the background is from Honey Bee Stamps called Hearts in Bloom. There are four stencils, but I only used two. I love the shape of the hearts so much!








I made my charcuterie board first. On a random white panel of cardstock, I ink blended the colors I knew I was going to use for the die cuts. Then I placed my dies where I needed them to be color-wise and cut them out. I stamped and die cut the board with GinaK brown ink then ink blended the board here and there to look like wood. 

I adhered the sweets to the board and set it aside. Can you guess what those white dots are supposed to be on the dark chocolate hearts in the upper left corner of the board? The cookies at the bottom look just like some that the grocery store sells!

I stenciled another panel of white cardstock and cut it down to be smaller than an A2 card base. I adhered it to my card base, then grabbed a"napkin" die cut (The Greetery - Coaster die) and adhered that in the middle of the stenciled panel. Then I popped up the charcuterie board on foam tape.

I stamped the charcuterie sentiment and matted it with red to match the hearts. I cut the sentiment in half and put it on the panel as you see in the photo. I ended up, last minute, adding a tiny brown flower stamp in a few places to tie the background into the chocolate on the board.

We are saying thank you for guesting with us this month to Denise Morgans, who contributed such wonderful cards. Would you like to be our guest for a month? We hope you will join us for this stencil challenge. You can even make your own with dies! Looking forward to seeing your cards in our gallery this week!

-Carol

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Those whimsical hearts are very cute

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the shape of those hearts too, what a cute stencil set! Delightful card, Carol!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is just so wonderful, Carol. The sentiment is so fabulous along with all of the elements you used. I have not heart about dessert and breakfast boards... Where have I been?? I love your sweet choices on your dessert board, and what a great idea to use the napkin die cut as only the best hostess would! Are the little white dots on the chololates sea salt???? In any case, I love this wonderful card. I have that background stencil and have not broken it out yet. Love the way just 2 layers looks. Hope you have a great weekend.

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love the sentiment! so adorable. Love the little napkin for your snack...just too cute!

Bobby said...

Are those dark chocolate salted caramels, Carol? My favorite! This is such a cute stamp set and you designed the card around it perfectly.

Ina G said...

Love the creativity here Carol. Such lovely choice of colours for all those fabulous fun elements.

cm said...

Char-CUTE-rie is right! This is one delightful, charming, wonderful card; my sweet tooth is tingling! As always, your creativity dazzles!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Super cute! I love the charcuterie board heart and the great sentiment.