Sunday, February 18, 2024

Warm Quilty Hugs

The Craft Roulette #202 challenge seemed like it was really going to be a tricky one until I finally stumbled upon an idea using my Concord and 9th Poinsettia Quilt dies. Friday night's Episode (which I missed live, but watched back yesterday) helped a lot to see what ideas the ladies brainstormed for each parameter.

Project: 5" x 7" card

Colors: Formal and Informal

Element: Warm(s)

Random: Crisscross










I am also playing along over at the Inspired by Challenge #IB276 with my quilty card. I purposely used pinks and greens as seen in their graphic.




So I chose to make a flat 5" x 7" card held up by an easel (a die I just got and love) with a quilt-shaped card that opens on top of the flat card. My "formal" is the sparkly white Hugs die cut that looks like an elegant formal gown. The "informal" is the cotton-looking prints of the quilt pattern. A quilt is "warm" and so are hugs. Finally, the "crisscross" comes from the cross-stitch and knit patterned papers.

Products I used:

Concord and 9th: Poinsettia Quilt dies

Pink and Main: Hugs die

Impression Obsession: Easel die

White glitter cardstock

Random patterned papers

I cut a 5" by 7" panel and the easel from heavy white cardstock. I made an A2 card base using lighter weight white cardstock to cut the quilt card because the dies had to cut through the double layer of the closed card base. I cut the hugs die three times, the last being out of the glitter cardstock. Last, I cut the quilt pieces out of some patterned papers I had on hand.

I stacked and glued the three hugs die cuts together to be thicker and more prominent over the patterned papers. I adhered the pink cross-stitch patterned paper to the large white panel. I added the quilt pieces to the quilt card and the hugs on top. Then I adhered the quilt card to the left side of the large white panel. All I had to do was glue the easel onto the back of the white panel to finish up my project!

This card was actually pretty quick easy to make. It took a while in planning to get all of the parameters met. 

Stay warm!

-Carol



8 comments:

Karen said...

This couldn't be more perfect! I loved it BEFORE I saw the amazing way you designed the card. The colors are wonderful!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Karen!!!

Cindy H. said...

Your card is gorgeous and so unique! Love the design!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic and perfect card! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Carol said...

Thank you all for your kind. comments!

~amy~ said...

This is AMAZING.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

Carol said...

Thanks Amy!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

I just had to drop by and say how much I love your card! What a clever way to have your card open - its genius, Jo x