Thursday, February 15, 2024

Ombré Sea

For our Just Us Girls Challenge #714, Ina has chosen a moodboard by the sea with absolutely gorgeous colors! For your card you can take just the colors, the watercolor effect, the sea-inspired elements, or the feathery textures. Whatever you take from it, tell us about what inspired you. Here is my seaside card using the colors and shells.








Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: By the Seashore stamp set

Ranger: Distress ink pads

Versafine: Onyx black ink pad

Simon Says Stamp: Sequins

I stamped the shells first, then taped off the edges of my panel with Post-it tape. I ink blended an ombré mix of Wilted Violet,  Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers distress inks. I cut a mat with a piece of lavender cardstock and mounted it on my mini slimline card base. Last, I adhered the stamped panel and sequins. Done!

Please join us with the beautiful moodboard!

-Carol

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely sponged background panel. It’s blended beautifully great inspired card.

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

cm said...

Beautiful ink blended strip; the perfect stage for your star-of-the-shows shells. Love this!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

Your shells were the perfect size for this mini slimline! This is lovely, Carol!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful ink blending on that masked panel! I love your big shells lined up and the addition of the sequins. Great take on the Moodboard!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love your design on this one, Carol. Love that ink blended strip down the middle and those fabulous shells stamped over the edge of it. I tried to enlarge the photo so I could see what is inside the shell outlines. Are they words or some other texture? Whatever the case, I love them. Nice job with the placement of the sequins too!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... gorgeous distress combination! Those seashells are wonderful. At first glance I thought you had stamped an outline, masked then stamped a word background over the outline. But I think this is the design of the seashell. I am going to check them out. Beautiful card!!

Bobby said...

Those inks blended beautifully down the center of your card, Carol, and made a great backdrop for your seashells.

Ina G said...

Super blended background for those pretty sea shells Carol. Lovely CAS card.