Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Love, Santa

Happy Valentines Day! I know this is a Christmas card on February 14th, but it just happened to fall on this day. This month at Christmas Craft Creations our fun theme is Stenciling or Embossing Folders. I came across this adorable card by Leanne West for Hello Bluebird that I CASEd with what I have on hand. I love all of her details, especially the postage dies! For our challenge, I stenciled the background of my "postage stamps" and I happened to use embossed cardstock. (It came that way but we are wanting participants to use an embossing folder. None of my folders fit this envelope die.) Here is what I made.




Products I used:

Waffle Flower: Postage Collage dies and stencils

Mama Elephant: Holiday Bitties stamp set (images on postage)

Honeybee Stamps: Country Christmas Wreath dies (greenery)

Spellbinders: Envelope of Wonder etched dies (envelope and tag)

The Greetery: Destination North Pole stamp set (Love, Santa stamp)

Prismacolor pencils

Wink of Stella pen

Concord and 9th: Mini ink pads

Versafine: Onyx black ink pad

Bearly Arts liquid glue

Blending brushes

Patterned paper

Red glitter cardstock (red berries on greenery)

Rhinestones

To start, I die cut the postage collage. Next, I stamped the images in the individual "postage stamps" and then stamped them again on Post-It notes. I fussy cut each image...the little gift and crossed candy canes being the hardest to cut. I placed these masks on top of the stamped images in the postage. Then I used my postage stencils to lightly ink blend the background behind each image.

I removed the masks and used my colored pencils to color in the images. I added Wink of Stella sparkle to the snow, whipped cream, candy canes and the snowman's hat.

I cut apart the postage into three sets of two, then I die cut the greenery.

I die cut the envelope and assembled it. (First time using it. Had to watch a You Tube video.)

I played with placement, then tucked the greenery and postage inside the envelope with glue. I made a 5" x 7" card base, cut some patterned paper to fit the front and adhered it. I die cut and stamped the tag, then tied some silver sparkly embroidery thread around the envelope.

Then I adhered the completed envelope to the card front. I added just a few rhinestones and was finished!

We can't wait to see your cards using stencils and/or embossing folders! See you in the gallery!

-Carol




2 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Carol! I was just strolling through your blog a bit, and came upon this fabulous card! I am so in love with those postage dies. I adore the way you used them here. This is one of my. favorite cards made with these dies yet!! Love the stenciled backgrounds and those adorable images. Love the tag. Love the plaid. I just love everything about it!

laurie said...

Such a fun card! Cute and festive!