Sunday, February 11, 2024

Hello Sweet Thing

For my third week watching and participating in Craft Roulette it was Episode #201. The parameters were:

Project: Easel Card

Element: Sweets

Colors: Quiet

Random: Bokeh

While I got a little carried away with my colors (they are SO forgiving on what you use), I was able to hit all the requirements. Here is my easel card that I CASEd from the Pretty Pink Posh website. I'm also sharing it over at the Inkspirational Challenge #309: Hearts.









Products I used: 

Pretty Pink Posh: Valentine Mug Additions die set

Concord and 9th: Orange You Sweet dies, Enamel hearts

Park Lane: Tiny Pearl Hearts

Stencil: Handmade with a variety of dies

Sunny Studio: Loopy Letters Lower die set

Distress inks

Blending brushes

An easel card is simple to make. Cut a top-folding A2 card (4 1/4" X 5 1/2"), then score the front panel again half way down from the top at 2 3/4" for the easel. Attach your decorated shape or panel to the bottom half only of the card front. (I created a heart stencil for my bokeh background.) Then create something that will hold it in place to keep it from closing/collapsing. I used three 1/4" strips of heavy cardstock as a "ledge" for the card front/easel to rest when standing. Sometimes people use a button or other thick-ish embellishment.

You should check out Mary Gunn's Craft Roulette. It is really detailed and has so many followers from all around the world. It airs Friday Night 7:30 pm EST here.

Right now you can go look at the cards shared this week on her Facebook page. Last week 407 cards were shared!

See you back here soon,

-Carol



4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So cute and yummy!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!

Julia Aston said...

Such pretty bokeh hearts behind your sweet strawberries Carol! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational: Hearts! Julia xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is adorable. Love these dipped strawberries, and I love the easel. I've not tried that. This is a great design for it.